Junior Level Landscape Architect
SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 12 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges.
Ideal candidate demonstrates the following skills and/or traits:
• Collaborative and creative design thinker with proven design iteration and problem-seeking (and solving) skills with an ability to effectively meet demanding deadlines.
• Exceptional hand graphic skills and proficiency in the following: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch-up, and Lumion. An understanding of BIM and Revit are a bonus!
• Knowledge of grading, planting, and material design, as well as the technical aspects of landscape architecture.
• Fluency in the English language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additional languages are a bonus!
• Working knowledge of the use of California plant palettes in preparing planting plans and landscape masterplans.
• Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design, water conservation, and LEED guidelines.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
Required experience will include:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
• Minimum 2 – 4 years of professional experience through all phases of design
• LEED or SITES credential required within 12 months of employment
• Professional member of ASLA with a desire to become a registered landscape arch.
For More Information / To Apply
For More Information/To Apply:
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or arrest/conviction records.
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
• Go to https://www.smithgroup.com/current-openings and click on “Current Openings.”
• On the Current Openings page, click on “View All Listings.”
• On the Junior Level Landscape Architect posting, please click the Apply here link. Fill in the required information, and submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio as attachments. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.