Reed Gilliland is expanding! Work beside two seasoned professionals. We are looking for the right person to work with us to create an office culture based on ideas of design collaboration, fair labor practices, social equity, and sustainability. We are searching for talented designers who are curious, passionate about design, interested in making a difference, and looking for a place to grow.
• Collaborate to design and develop a diverse range of project for the schematic design through construction documentation
• Put together highly detailed and clear working drawings.
• Coordinate with clients, consultants, and other team members
• Develop high level graphics and presentations
• Manage small to medium projects, creating presentations, managing client relationships, job cost tracking, and participating in team meetings
• Help build a graphic “brand” for the firm
• Identify new target markets
• Maintain organized digital files
• Excellent 3-D modelling and CAD skills
• Ability to express ideas with good free hand graphics a plus
• 2-5 years of experience and a B.S. or M.L.A. in landscape architecture
• Proficiency with AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up, and Rhino
• Experience with Lumion not required, but a plus
• Comfortable collaborating and coordinating with architects, engineers, etc.
• Strong communication skills and confidence in interactions
• Knowledge of California plant material, especially of natives,
For More Information / To Apply
For More Information/To Apply:
If you would like to apply, please email us a cover letter, resume and a PDF of your portfolio, not exceeding 10MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Employment Application: (Your Name Here)” as the title. All candidates should be authorized to work in the United States.
About Reed Gilliland
We are a woman led firm. Our goal is to develop a deep practice, one rooted in place. We move fluidly between community needs and natural processes. We aspire to use the power of design excellence to serve our communities by enhancing cultural vitality and bolstering environmental and social resilience.
Our current project range includes work on educational campuses and corporate headquarters, low income housing, public realm urban design, and rural estate residential. Our collaborators include many of the design-first architectural firms in the Bay Area. With each project we are exploring the ways that design can have a positive effect on the world, and we like doing that in our own backyard, mainly the greater Bay Area. We are searching for talented designers who are curious, passionate about design, interested in making a difference, and looking for a place to grow.