Landscape / Urban Designer
We are looking for a thoughtful, talented, and friendly Landscape/Urban Designer, with a strong background in landscape design, to join our team working on streetscapes and public open spaces, complete and green streets, urban revitalization, and regional transportation/land use projects. We will provide you the opportunity to help shape projects that improve urban environments and to grow professionally.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
5 +years combined professional college-level educational experience, consisting of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture; additional education in city and regional planning, urban design, transportation, urban geography, and/or architecture is a plus. Other qualifications include:
• command of CAD in the design of public spaces and complete streets, and developing construction drawings;
• command in developing Sketch-Up models for streetscape and complete streets projects;
• ability to work with spatial databases in GIS;
• work with Adobe suite, and other graphic tools including hand drawing, to develop before/after visualizations and other presentation graphics of proposed street, public space, and urban development;
• research of land use, complete streets, urban interventions, and urban design policy and design;
• experience in team environment and working individually; and
• have a strong desire to plan and design sustainable and connected streets, public spaces, communities, cities, and regions.
For More Information / To Apply
CD+A is a small multi-disciplinary urban design, land use/transportation planning, and landscape architecture firm in downtown Oakland, California with a regional and national practice. We are an established national leader in smart growth, and green sustainable and multimodal design. Our projects are rooted in a commitment to using community-based design and planning processes to create projects that improve urban environments, and making them more vital, sustainable, equitable, and enjoyable. We attract a wide range of projects.
Visit www.community-design.com to learn more about us.
– Demonstrated command of AutoCAD and Sketch-Up
– Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office Suite.
– Desirable additions –Google Earth and other visualization software.
CD+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorized to work without sponsorship.
Salary for the position is dependent upon qualifications.
Please attach a resume (with a contact telephone number) in either a Word or PDF document to a cover letter, and email it to email@example.com, with the subject line “For Landscape / Urban Designer Position 0918”. Please also either include a link to your on-line portfolio or attach portfolio examples in PDF format no greater than 5.0 MB. We would appreciate your cover letter and portfolio outline how your experience, interests, and projects align with the requirements for the position. No phone calls please.