The mission of the Emerging Professionals (EP) program is to identify and respond to the needs of those who are new to the profession of Landscape Architecture in Northern California. This group appeals to the young professional who desires more social involvement with other landscape architecture professionals. The group is currently active in conducting their own meetings, walking tours, office tours, professional workshops and seminars.
EP gatherings alternate their meetings with social events, and plan to hold cross-over socials with allied professional groups such as the AIA, APA, SPUR and City Planning. The group is not hierarchical and each participant is encouraged to step forward and initiate an activity or event.
EP focuses on three main aspects:
- Pro-bono projects
- Networking with professional training opportunities
- (NEW!) Mentorship program
Recent EP activities:
- Volunteer Habitat Restoration Work at Sausal Creek
- Developed a schematic master plan and site plan for the East Oakland Pride Elementary School
- Organized panel discussion called the Future of Landscape Architecture at UC Berkeley
Currently, the Chapter is fundraising for the Emerging Professionals group. Watch this web page for future Emerging Professionals activities and follow upcoming events in our 2013 ASLA EP Calendar.